California International Marathon
Do you want to check a marathon off of your “bucket list”? There is no better place to do just that than at the California International Marathon! Join the CIM “First-Timer” Program and let our team give you the support and inspiration to accomplish your goal and to finally say, “I ran a marathon!”
The Sacramento Running Association (SRA) is looking for people who have never run 26.2 miles to join us in our “First-Timer” Program for the California International Marathon. The program is designed to help new marathoners by providing them with a meaningful support system and valuable information geared at first-time marathoners throughout the training process and during race weekend.
All first-timer applicants will be accepted into the program. You must be registered for CIM 2021 to join the program.
- Official CIM training plans (beginner and intermediate)
- Personal support from CIM mentors throughout training via private Facebook group
- Online Q+A chat sessions with CIM coach
- Nutrition and fueling advice
- Invitations to “CIM University” seminars and to join in supported training runs
- Special “First-Timer” marathon medal (in addition to standard finisher medal)
- Finish line reunion tent (tentative)
First-Timer Important dates
- Application deadline: July 23, 2021
- CIM 18-Week training start date: August 1, 2021
- Run the Parkway 20-Mile: November 7, 2021
- CIM: December 5, 2021
We will contact all applicants the last week of July with more information.