Dec. 3, 2023
California International Marathon
2023 information coming soon
Do you want to check a marathon off of your “bucket list”? There is no better place to do just that than at the California International Marathon! Join the CIM “First-Timer” Program and let our team give you the support and inspiration to accomplish your goal and to finally say, “I ran a marathon!”
The Sacramento Running Association (SRA) is looking for people who have never run 26.2 miles to join us in our “First-Timer” Program for the California International Marathon. The program is designed to help new marathoners by providing them with a meaningful support system and valuable information geared at first-time marathoners throughout the training process and during race weekend.
All first-timer applicants will be accepted into the program. You MUST be register through this link to join the First-Timer Program. First-Timer Program begins July 1. You will be invited to join the FTP Facebook group on July 1. The application deadline to join the First-Timer Program is August 15, 2022.
*Registration for the First-Timer Program is non-transferable.
- Support from CIM mentors
- Online Q+A chat sessions with CIM coach
- Nutrition and fueling advice
- Invitations to “CIM University” seminars and to join in supported training runs
- Special “First-Timer” marathon medal (in addition to standard finisher medal)
- Finish line reunion tent (tentative)
First-Timer Important dates
- Application deadline: August 15, 2022
- CIM 18-Week training start date: August 1, 2022
- Run the Parkway 20-Mile: November 7, 2022
- CIM: December 4, 2022