California International Marathon
First Timer Program
Do you want to check a marathon off of your “bucket list”? There is no better place to do just that than at the California International Marathon! Join the CIM “First-Timer” Program and let our team give you the support and inspiration to accomplish your goal and to finally say, “I ran a marathon!”
The Sacramento Running Association (SRA) is looking for people who have never run 26.2 miles to join us in our “First-Timer” Program for the California International Marathon. The program is designed to help new marathoners by providing them with a meaningful support system and valuable information geared at first-time marathoners throughout the training process and during race weekend.
- Official CIM training plans (beginner and intermediate)
- Personal support from CIM mentors throughout training via private Facebook group
- Online Q+A chat sessions with CIM mentors
- Invitations to “CIM University” seminars and to join in supported training runs
- “First-Timer” meet-ups with CIM mentors at the CIM Expo and start line
- Special “First-Timer” marathon medal (in addition to standard finisher medal)
- Finish line reunion tent
Application process is closed for CIM 2017. Please check back for 2018 information. Those who have applied will be notified no later that 8/6/17.