Self-Seeded Start Staging Area Information
|Expected Finish Time||Staging Entrance||Entrance Location||Entrance Closes|
|Under 3:05||Staging Area 1||East side of Folsom-Auburn Road near Start Line||7:00 AM|
|3:05-3:24:59||Staging Area 2||East side of Folsom-Auburn Road||7:02 AM|
|3:25-3:54:59||Staging Area 3||East side of the road near the Folsom Lake Crossing intersection||7:05 AM|
|3:55-4:15||Staging Area 4||West side near Folsom Lake Crossing Intersection||7:05 AM|
|4:15+||Staging Area 5||On the west side of the road in the Folsom Lake Crossing intersection||Remains Open|
CIM is run on a point-to-point course, which means that the starting line is 26.2 miles away from the finish point.
Buses to the Start Line
- FREE busing provided by Visit Sacramento and the Folsom Tourism Bureau.
- Buses will stay at the start area and runners may stay on their buses to stay warm.
- Your bib is your ticket on the bus; runners only.
CIM Bus Pick-Up Zones
Click on the zone closest to where you are staying to determine which bus pick-up location will work best for you.
Downtown Sacramento - Runners Arrive: 4:45-5:00AM, bus loading begins: 5:00AM
Downtown Sacramento – Runners Arrive: 4:45-5:00AM, bus loading begins: 5:00AM
Location A – 11th St & between J St and K St (bus loading on both J St and K St)
Location B – L Street between of 3rd St and 4th St (bus loading on north side of street)
Downtown street parking is free race morning and at your own risk. For more information about street and garage parking, click here.
Point West - Runners arrive: 4:45-5:00AM, bus loading begins: 5:00AM
Location C – 1780 Tribute Road (bus loading on the street in front of the Fairfield Inn)
There will be buses at the following partner hotels for hotel guests only:
Hilton Sacramento Arden West (bus loading on Harvard St in front of hotel)
Doubletree Hotel (bus loading immediately in front of hotel)
Point West parking is at your own risk. Paid parking is available at DoubleTree Hotel and Hilton Hotel. If you are a hotel guest of the Point West partner hotels, there will be buses near the finish line to transport you back to your hotel after the race.
Below is a detailed map of the Point West bus locations.
Folsom - Runners arrive: 5:15-5:30AM, bus loading begins: 5:30AM
Location D – 261 Iron Point Rd, Folsom (bus loading in Century Theater 14 parking lot)
Location E – 270 Palladio Pkwy, Folsom (bus loading in Whole Foods Market parking lot)
There will be buses at the following partner hotel for hotel guests ONLY:
Lake Natoma Inn (bus loading in front of hotel)
Folsom parking is at your own risk. It is private parking and you may be towed. If you are a hotel guest of the Folsom partner hotels, there will be buses near the finish line to transport you back to your hotel after the race.
Below is a detailed map of the Folsom bus locations.
Runner Drop Off Shuttles:
- Runners may not drive themselves to the runner drop-off locations near the start. These sites are drop-off only as there is no race parking and no return transportation from the Finish Line.
- Give yourself plenty of time to get to the runner drop-off locations due to the inevitable traffic congestion.
- Drivers, there is no vehicle access to the start and spectators are not allowed in the Start Area.
- Shuttle buses will be running continuously from 5:30 a.m. to 6:30 a.m. from the three (3) shuttle locations.
- Your bib is your ticket on the bus; Runners only.
- Once the shuttle buses arrive at the start runners will be required to exit the shuttle bus. Runners will not be allowed to stay on the shuttle buses.
- Park at your own risk. It is all private parking lots and you may be towed.
Drop Off Locations:
Shuttle Location 1:
9580 Oak Avenue Parkway Folsom, CA 95630
*Best for runners coming from the west and Hwy 80 corridor (Roseville, Citrus Heights, Orangevale, Fair Oaks, etc.)
Shuttle Location 2:
6612 Folsom-Auburn Road Folsom, CA 95630
*Best for runners coming from the south, east and Hwy 50 corridor (Folsom, El Dorado Hills, Rancho Cordova, Sacramento, Elk Grove, etc.)
Shuttle Location 3:
8595 Auburn-Folsom Road Granite Bay, CA 95746
*Best for runners coming from the north and Hwy 80 corridor (Roseville, Citrus Heights, Rocklin, Auburn, etc.).
Please note: The north drop-off location has become Shuttle Location 3. Your bib will not get you through the road closure at Eureka Rd. All runners must take official buses to the start line.
Getting to the Relay Exchange:
Relay Leg 1 (CIM Start Line: 7550 Folsom-Auburn Rd, Folsom)
- Relay runners should follow the same protocol as marathon runners for getting to the start.
- Bus transportation from relay exchange zone 1 (end of leg 1) is available for all relay runners back to the marathon finish at the State Capitol.
- There are no buses that transport runners back to the start or back to their hotels.
Relay Leg 2 (Relay Exchange #2: 4010 Manzanita Avenue, Carmichael)
- Do not take the bus to the marathon start!
- Relay runners are allowed to take the bus or may have someone drop them off at the relay exchange zone.
- Bus transportation will ONLY be available from Pick-up Location A1 (J St & 11th St, stage on southwest corner).
- Buses leave at 7:00 a.m.
- Bus transportation from relay exchange zone 3 (end of leg 3) is available for all relay runners back to the marathon finish at the State Capitol.
- There are no buses that transport runners back to the start of leg 3 or back to their hotels.