Dec. 8, 2024
(All information is subject to change.)
Reminders and notes:
- CIM is run on a point-to-point course, which means that the starting line is 26.2 miles away from the finish point.
- Runners may not drive themselves to the start. There is no vehicle access to the start and spectators are not allowed in the Start Area.
- Parking is not guaranteed at any of the bussing locations, if you park in areas that are restricted for businesses, guests, or residents, you may be towed or ticketed
- Give yourself plenty of time to get to the bus locations due to the inevitable traffic congestion.
- Your bib is your ticket on the bus; Runners only.
- There is NO START AREA GEAR CHECK. Any items discarded at the start will be collected and donated. If participants would like personal items at the finish line after the race, they can utilize the GEAR CHECK services at the Expo/Sacramento Convention Center Fri-Sun.
- If you are in the VIP, Training, Elite Athlete or AWD Programs, check with your program coordinator about your start line transportation.
Location: A - Convention Center - All busses leave this location at 4:30AM
Location A – Busses will load behind the SAFE Credit Union Convention Center near the West Lobby on K Street between 13th and 14th St.
Downtown street parking is free race morning and at your own risk. For more information about street and garage parking, click here.
Location: B - Point West - All busses leave this location at 5:00AM
Location B – 1780 Tribute Road (bus loading on the street in front of the Fairfield Inn)
There will be buses at the following partner hotels for hotel guests only:
Hilton Sacramento Arden West (bus loading on Harvard St in front of hotel)
Doubletree Hotel (bus loading immediately in front of hotel)
Point West parking is at your own risk.
If you are a hotel guest of the Point West partner hotels, there will be buses near the finish line to transport you back to your hotel after the race.
Below is a detailed map of the Point West bus locations.
Location: C/D - Folsom - All busses leave this location at 5:30AM
Location D – 270 Palladio Pkwy, Folsom (bus loading in Whole Foods Market parking lot)
There will be buses at the following partner hotel for hotel guests ONLY:
Lake Natoma Inn (bus loading in front of hotel)
Folsom parking is at your own risk. It is private parking and you may be towed.
If you are a hotel guest of the Folsom partner hotels, there will be buses near the finish line to transport you back to your hotel after the race.
Below is a detailed map of the Folsom bus locations.
Locations: E/F - Shuttles near Start - Busses leave continuously between 5:30AM and 6:30AM
Runner Drop Off Shuttles:
- Runners may not drive themselves to the runner drop-off locations near the start. These sites are drop-off only as there is no race parking and no return transportation from the Finish Line.
- Give yourself plenty of time to get to the runner drop-off locations due to the inevitable traffic congestion.
- Drivers, there is no vehicle access to the start and spectators are not allowed in the Start Area.
- Shuttle buses will be running continuously from 5:30 a.m. to 6:30 a.m. from both shuttle locations.
- Once the shuttle buses arrive at the start runners will be required to exit the shuttle bus. Runners will not be allowed to stay on the shuttle buses.
- Do not park at these drop off locations. This is private parking and subject to towing.
- There is NO START AREA GEAR CHECK. Any items discarded at the start will be collected and donated. No items will be transported to the finish for participants. If participants would like personal items at the finish line after the race, they can utilize the FINISH AREA GEAR CHECK
Drop Off Locations:
Shuttle Location E (North of Start):
New Location for 2023
Raley’s Market Shopping Plaza
6845 Douglas Blvd. Granite Bay, CA 95746
*Best for runners coming from the north and Hwy 80 corridor
Shuttle Location F (South of Start:
6612 Folsom-Auburn Road Folsom, CA 95630
*Best for runners coming from the south, west and Hwy 50 corridor (Folsom, El Dorado Hills, Orangevale, Citrus Heights, Fair Oaks, Rancho Cordova, Sacramento, Elk Grove, etc.
**New for 2023: There is NO Shuttle from the west on Oak Ave.; participants that traditionally have used the west shuttle, should use Location E or F.
Post Race Hotel Return Bussing
Return bussing from the CIM Finish Area after the race back to Locations B, C, and D (servicing guests at Folsom and Point West Hotels) will be provided on a continuous basis from 10:30am-1:45pm. For more information on post-race hotel return bussing click here.
CIM Relay Transportation:
Relay Leg 1 (CIM Start Line: 7550 Folsom-Auburn Rd, Folsom)
- Relay runners should follow the same protocol as marathon runners for getting to the start.
- Bus transportation from relay exchange zone (end of leg 1) is available for all relay runners to the marathon finish area at the State Capitol.
Relay Leg 2 (Relay Exchange #2: 4010 Manzanita Avenue, Carmichael)
- Do not take the bus to the marathon start!
- Relay Leg 2 runners can take relay buses or may have someone drop them off at the relay exchange zone.
- Bus transportation to the Relay Exchange Zone will ONLY be available from Pick-Up Location A (behind the Sacramento Convention Center on K Street between 13th and 14th).
- Relay Leg 2 Buses leave Location A at 7:00 a.m. (Do NOT to take earlier busses as they will go to the Marathon start)
- There are NO return buses that transport runners back to the start of leg 2 from the finish area after the race
Note: There is no relay gear check at either the Start Line or at the Relay Exchange Zone. Any items discarded at the Start or the Relay Exchange Zone will be collected and donated. No items will be transported to the finish for participants. If participants would like personal items at the finish line after the race, they can utilize the FINISH AREA GEAR CHECK