CIM Course Map
General overview of the 2023 California International Marathon/Relay course. For a more dynamic and interactive map please use this Google map.
Fueling & Hydration
The California International Marathon will have 17 aid stations spread throughout the course, each stocked with water and nuun performance. Four of these stops will also be stocked with GU Gels and fruit. We're proud to provide our runners with multiple nutrition and hydration options in order to fuel them to a successful race day! If you have any medical issues while completing the race, medical personnel will be located at the far end of every aid station and will be able to provide you basic medical assistance on-site.
Aid Station Information
|Station||Location||Mile||nuun Endurance||GU Gels, GU Chews & Fruit||Hylands Cramp Relief||Medical & Toilets|
|#1||American River Canyon & Oak||2.2||Yes*||Yes|
|#2||Beech & Oak||4.2||Yes*||Yes|
|#3||Woodmore Oaks & FOB||6.4||Yes*||Yes||Yes|
|#4||Madison & FOB||8.5||Yes*||Yes|
|#5||Old Fair Oaks||10.0||Yes||Yes|
|#6||Hollister & FOB||12||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|#7||Sutter & FOB||13.6||Yes*||Yes||Yes|
|#8||El Camino & FOB||15.1||Yes*||Yes||Yes|
|#9||Walnut & FOB||16.5||Yes*||Yes||Yes|
|#10||Savirien & FOB||17.9||Yes*||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|#11||Watt & FOB||19.4||Yes*||Yes||Yes|
|#12||Monroe & FOB||20.4||Yes*||Yes||Yes|
|#13||Howe & FOB||21.4||Yes*||Yes||Yes|
|#15||40th & J St.||23.5||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|#17||19th & L St.||25.3||Yes*||Yes||Yes|
*Self refill location available
CIM Fueling: Nutritional Facts
|Goal Time (# of hours)||5:00||4:30||4:00||3:30||3:00||2:30|
|Calories (150-250 per hour)||750-1250||675-1125||600-1000||525-875||450-750||375-650|
|Sodium (>500-700mg per hour)||2,500-3,500mg||2,250-3,150mg||2,000-2,800mg||1,750-2,450mg||1,500-2,100mg||1,250-1,750mg|
|Potassium (40-60mg per hour)||200-300mg||180-270mg||160-240mg||140-210mg||120-180mg||100-150mg|
|Fluids (> 20-30oz. Per hour)||100-150oz||90-135oz||80-120z||70-105oz||60-90oz||50-75oz|
Flavor & Nutritional Information
|Lemon Lime||Lemonade Roctane||Salted Watermelon||Vanilla Bean||Strawberry Chews||Salted Lime Chews||1/2 Banana||1/4 Orange|
The road closure grid below is based on a 3:00 min/mile pace for the first racers (hand crank wheelchair) and approximately a 13:44 min/mile pace for the slowest runners. Important notes:
- After the first, very fast handcrank wheelchair racer, there will be large gaps between other racers, and intersections staffed by law enforcement may very carefully wave through traffic, when possible.
- Slower runners might fall behind the reopen times shown below. In such cases, the runners are pedestrians responsible for heeding normal traffic laws.
- Regular traffic will be allowed on the course by the law enforcement personnel reopening the course according to the times in the table below.
- Folsom-Auburn Road to the north of the start area is closed to through traffic at the intersection of Eureka Road beginning at 3:00am and reopening at 9:30am. Please note: The north drop-off location has become Shuttle Location 3. Your bib will not get you through the road closure at Eureka Rd. All runners must take official buses to the start line. Only vehicles taking runners to the start will be allowed past the Eureka Road intersection.
- The Capitol Mall between 8th St and 9th St will be closed beginning at 8:00am on Friday, 12/2 until 5:00pm on Sunday, 12/4.
- 9th St between N St and L St will be closed beginning at 2:00pm on Friday, 12/2 until 5:00pm on Sunday, 12/4.
- 8th St and 10th St between N St and L St will be closed beginning at 6:00am on Saturday, 12/3 until 5:00pm on Sunday, 12/4
- The California Highway Patrol, Sacramento Police, and Folsom Police mandate the road closures and have ultimate authority on executing the closing and opening of the roads during CIM.
- The road closure schedule below is subject to change on race day.
CIM Street Closure Times
|1||5:20||7:50||Folsom-Auburn Rd & Oak|
|2||5:20||8:05||American River Canyon & Oak|
|5:20||8:05||Santa Juanita & Oak|
|3||6:50||8:20||April & Oak|
|4||6:50||8:30||Beech & Oak|
|5||6:50||8:50||Wachtel & Oak|
|6||6:50||9:00||Oak & FOB|
|7||6:50||9:20||Woodlake Hills & FOB|
|8||7:05||9:35||Niessen & FOB|
|7:05||9:40||Madison Ave & FOB|
|9||7:05||10:00||Dorian & FOB|
|10||7:05||10:10||Winding Way & FOB|
|11||7:05||10:20||New York & FOB|
|12||7:05||10:40||Hollister & FOB|
|13||6:15||10:50||California & FOB|
|14||7:30||11:10||Grant & FOB|
|15||7:30||11:30||Kenneth & FOB|
|16||7:30||11:40||Garfield & FOB|
|17||7:30||11:55||Paloma & FOB|
|18||7:30||12:00||Saverien & FOB|
|19||7:30||12:30||Coronado & FOB|
|20||7:30||1:00||Hawthorn & FOB|
|8:00||1:00||Munroe & FOB|
|21||7:30||1:00||University & FOB|
|22||8:00||1:15||Carlson & J St|
|23||8:00||1:30||Bear Flag & J St|
|24||8:00||1:45||33rd & J St|
|8:00||1:45||J St & Alhambra Blvd Turn|
|8:00||1:45||L St & 29th St|
|25||8:00||2:05||22nd & L St|
|7:00||4:00||15th & L St|
|26||7:00||4:00||8th & L St|