Due to its excellent race organization and fast course, the California International Marathon has always been a favorite event for first time marathoners, fitness runners, and especially for runners seeking a PR, a Boston Marathon or Olympic Marathon Trials qualifying standard.
2018 Marathon Registration:
“Re-Run” Registration Special: $89 (limited to 500 registrants)Sold out. “Re-Run” 2: $99 (sold out in 48 minutes!!! We have re-opened 500 more spaces)Sold out.
- First 500: $109 (Opens 12:00am March 1 — limited to 500 registrants)
- Early Registration: $125 (501st registrant through May 17)
- Standard Registration: $139 (May 18 through July 12)
- Late Registration: $155 (July 13 to race sell-out)
- Limited number of late entries available to benefit local charities: $275 (Until sold out)
Registration will officially open March 1st at 12:00am.
Deferral information below.
Get the CIM VIP Experience:
This $265 add-on is in addition to your CIM registration and includes:
- Protected hotel room at CIM VIP Hotel, Hyatt Regency (room price not included in VIP package)
- Private VIP pre-race pasta dinner at Hyatt Regency
- VIP Concierge service to handle all of your race weekend needs
- VIP packet pick-up area
- Commemorative Race Poster
- Premium merchandise item and goody bag
- VIP Exclusive CIM Premium Merchandise Item
- Custom bib (Must sign up by Nov 1)
- Luxury charter bus to start line
- Private warming tent with food & private bathrooms at start line
- Premium gear check service
- VIP post-race brunch in Sutter Club
- Premium gear check service with finisher gift
At the expo VIP registrants can purchase one (1) “VIP Companion Pass” for someone to join them at the pre-race VIP dinner and post-race VIP brunch for $75.
This package is valued at $600 and is yours for only $265
This add-on does NOT include the CIM enrty
2017 Charity Entry Information
Once CIM sells out a limited number of charity entries are available for $275. Proceeds benefit the American River Parkway Foundation, the UC Davis Children’s Hospital and SRA Kids.
$125 of your charity entry is tax deductible.
CIM Deferral Program
Already registered for this year’s marathon but unable to run?
DEFERRAL INFORMATION FOR RUNNERS REGISTERED FOR THE 2018 CIM
The deferral window will be open Fall 2018 for marathon entries only. During that time, any registrants who are unable to run this year’s marathon will be able to enter their info to defer their entry for the 2018 full marathon to the 2019 full marathon. A $49 fee will be charged to cover costs already incurred, and the administration of this program. Please return to this page for the deferral link once the deferral window is open. Once the deferral window closes we will not process any additional deferral requestes. No exceptions.
Please note that the deferral program is not retroactive and is not available for CIM entries prior to 2018. Additionally, this program is for marathon entries ONLY and will not apply to relay entries, and is NOT transferable.
Important Note: Deferring your marathon entry does not automatically enter you to the 2019 California International Marathon. You will receive a deferral code immediately after you pay for your deferral. Retain that deferral code for you records as you will need the code to receive 100% off your 2019 CIM.
The 2018 deferral window will open in the Fall, check back at that time for the link to the deferral registration.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR 2017 DEFERRED RUNNERS REGISTERING FOR THE 2018 CIM:
- You are not automatically registered for the 2018 CIM!
- Registration for the 2018 CIM opens on March 1, 2018 at 12:01 a.m. PST.
- During the registration process you will be asked for a promo code. Use the code provided to you for 100% off your 2018 CIM entry fee.
- Your code will be valid from March 1, 2018 – August 1, 2018. If you try to register after August 1, your code will no longer be valid and you will be charged full price.
- Your code is unique, single-use, non-transferable, and only good for the 2018 CIM.
- The code is for the marathon only, and is not valid for relay, 5k, or maraFUNrun registration.
- If you are not able to run the 2018 CIM, you will be allowed to purchase another deferral for the 2019 CIM, ONLY if you are a registered 2018 participant.
- If you do not register for 2018 you will not be allowed to roll your deferral over to another year.
- You should have received a confirmation email with your deferral code in December. A reminder email will go out the last week of February, before registration opens for the 2018 CIM, also containing your code.
- Any other questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org