Dec. 4, 2022
2022 Marathon Registration:
“Re-Run” Registration Special: $139 (limited to 1000 registrants) Early Bird Registration: (Dec-March 15) $155
- Regular Registration: (March 16-May 31) $169
- To Sell-Out Registration: (June 1 until sell-out) $185
- Late Registration: (500 entries to benefit local charities) $275
2022 CIM Registration Transfer
- Log-in to your Race Roster dashboard (you must be logged in or you will not see the transfer button)
- On this page, click the transfer button
- Enter the email address of the runner taking your bib
- The incoming runner will be sent an invitation to register
- The incoming runner pays a $40 transfer fee to register
- It is up to you and the incoming runner handle any exchange of money for the original entry fee.
Transfers will not be allowed after November 25. (please note that we will not have the deferral program as in years past)
"Worry-Free" Voucher (2020 Cancellation)
CIM “Worry-Free” Voucher:
All eligible voucher code holders have been sent their codes for 2022. If you did not receive a code and believe this was in error, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only runners registered for the 2020 CIM were issued codes. You can check to see if you were registered here.
The 2022 voucher codes will only be valid until June 1. Beyond that date your code will no longer be valid for the 2022 CIM. You will still be able to use any unused codes in 2023.
How to redeem your voucher code:
- Be sure you intend to run the 2022 CIM before registering. Once you register with your voucher, it will be counted as used EVEN if you later choose NOT to run the 2022 CIM.
- Voucher codes can be used to register one time to either the 2022 or 2023 CIM. If you do not register this year, your code will still be valid for 2023.
- Voucher codes are NOT GUARANTEED SPOTS in the 2022 event. Vouchers must be used to register for the event BEFORE the event sells-out. If you are unable to register with your voucher code before the event sells-out, you can keep your voucher code to use in the 2023 event.
- To use your voucher code, please enter it as promo code when prompted during the registration process.
- Voucher codes are unique to each participant and are not transferable; if the code is used by someone other than who it is assigned to, that individual will be removed from the event, and the voucher code will be forfeited.
- In the event you added items to your 2020 CIM registration (ie VIP, Run the Parkway, Capitol Challenge, etc.) these items will automatically be added to your 2022 registration if they are available in 2022. Do not add these items again during the registration process or you will be charged.
- Only runners registered for the 2020 CIM are eligible for the voucher codes. If you were a deferred runner from 2019 and did not register for the 2020 CIM, you are not eligible for the worry-free voucher code and your 2019 deferral is no longer valid.
Get the CIM VIP Experience:
If you purchased a VIP package with your 2020 CIM registration, your VIP status is attached to your voucher code. There is no need to reregister for VIP when registering for the marathon as your VIP purchase will roll over to your next registration.
2020 information below, 2021 information coming soon…
This $290 add-on is in addition to your CIM registration and includes:
- Private VIP pre-race pasta dinner at Hyatt Regency
- Special room block rates available for a limited number of VIPs – First come first serve
- VIP Concierge service to handle all of your race weekend needs
Entry into the Capitol Challenge
- Capitol Challenge – Run both the Capitol 5k and the California International Marathon. Earn 3 medals over CIM weekend: 5k medal (available at 5k finish), CIM medal (available at marathon finish), and Capitol Challenge medal (available at challenge tent in marathon finish festival)
- VIP packet pick-up area
- Premium merchandise item and goody bag
- Custom bib (Must sign up by Nov 1)
- Luxury charter bus to start line
- Private warming tent with food & private bathrooms at start line
- Premium gear check service
- VIP post-race brunch in Sutter Club
- Premium gear check service
2020 Charity information coming soon…
We will provide refunds to all registrants ONLY if the event is unable to be conducted as an in-person event. Refunds may also be provided if there are local or state imposed health restrictions or mandates placed on race organizers that prevent us from accepting or finalizing someone’s registration.
Race organizers are NOT guaranteeing refunds for conditions, restrictions, or mandates that may exist in registrants’ own communities or their own lives that may hinder their ability to participate in CIM. We do NOT provide any refunds for registrants that are unable to participate. If you register and are unable to participate, NO refund or credit will be guaranteed.
Registrants should consider that certain event details and amenities are still being determined due to changing health guidelines, and refunds will NOT be provided due to changes in the event details/amenities/services offered, including but not limited to: spectator presence, start time and procedures, event transportation, on-course services, pace teams, gear check, and pre and post race amenities and experiences.
Depending of availability and demand, we may open the CIM transfer program in late fall for individuals that would like to transfer their bib to another participant.
Note: Our traditional deferral program is NOT available this year; registrants that are not able to participate due to their own personal circumstances will NOT have the option to defer to 2023. We do have a TRANSFER option available to participants in 2022. For more info on transferring your registration to someone else, click here.