Dec. 3, 2023
Due to its excellent race organization and fast course, the California International Marathon has always been a favorite event for first time marathoners, fitness runners, and especially for runners seeking a PR, a Boston Marathon or Olympic Marathon Trials qualifying standard.
2023 Marathon Registration:
- “Re-Run” Registration Special: $149 (Dec. 5 – limited to 1,000 registrants)
- Early Bird Registration: (limited to 2,000 registrants) $169
- Regular Registration: (April 6 – May 31) $189
- To Sell-Out Registration: (June 1 until sell-out) $209
- Late Registration: (Sell-Out ~ September 15 – limited to 500 entries benefiting local charities) $295
Transfer your marathon entry to another runner:
The 2023 Transfer Window will open once the marathon sells out, likely early Fall.
We know that sometimes life happens and circumstance arise that keep you from your running goals. We are happy to offer race transfers again this year. If you are not able to run CIM this year and would like to transfer your bib to another runner you can do so on our Race Roster page.
Here is how it works:
- Log-in to your Race Roster account when the window opens
- On your Race Roster account page, click the transfer button
- Select ‘transfer to a new participant’
- Enter the email address of the runner taking your bib
- The incoming runner will be sent an invitation to register
- The incoming runner pays a $40 transfer fee to register
- It is up to you and the incoming runner handle any exchange of money for the original entry fee.
- Any add-ons you purchased during CIM registration will not transfer with the marathon entry and are not eligible for transfer.
Transfers need to be completed before November 6 to guarantee that the new runner can receive their desired shirt size.
Transfers will not be allowed after November 22. (please note that we will not have the deferral program as in years past)
New this year!
Transfer your marathon entry to the 2-Person Relay:
If you are currently registered for the marathon but would prefer to transfer to the 2-person relay, you can do so from your Race Roster account. This option will only be available until November 22 or until the relay sells out, whichever comes first.
Here is how it works:
- Visit the CIM Race Roster page
- Click the blue ‘Transfer’ button and log into your account
- Click ‘Transfer to a new event’
- Select sub-event ‘team captain’ if you are creating a new team or ‘join a team’ if you are joining an existing team
- Be sure to complete the transaction, transfer fees will apply
"Worry-Free" Voucher (2020 Cancellation)
CIM “Worry-Free” Voucher:
All eligible voucher code holders have been sent their codes for 2023. If you did not receive a code and believe this was in error, contact us at email@example.com. Only runners registered for the 2020 CIM were issued codes. You can check to see if you were registered here.
The 2023 voucher codes will only be valid until June 1. Beyond that date your code will no longer be valid for the 2023 CIM. This is the last year to redeem your code.
How to redeem your voucher code:
- This is the last year to redeem your code. If you still have a code, use it now.
- Voucher codes are NOT GUARANTEED SPOTS in the 2023 event. Vouchers must be used to register for the event BEFORE the event sells-out.
- To use your voucher code, please enter it as promo code when prompted during the registration process.
- Voucher codes are unique to each participant and are not transferable; if the code is used by someone other than who it is assigned to, that individual will be removed from the event, and the voucher code will be forfeited.
- In the event you added items to your 2020 CIM registration (ie VIP, Run the Parkway, Capitol Challenge, etc.) these items will automatically be added to your 2023 registration if they are available in 2023. Do not add these items again during the registration process or you will be charged.
- Only runners registered for the 2020 CIM are eligible for the voucher codes. If you were a deferred runner from 2019 and did not register for the 2020 CIM, you are not eligible for the worry-free voucher code and your 2019 deferral is no longer valid.
Get the CIM VIP Experience:
If you purchased a VIP package with your 2020 CIM registration, your VIP status is attached to your voucher code. There is no need to reregister for VIP when registering for the marathon as your VIP purchase will roll over to your next registration.
2020 information below, 2021 information coming soon…
This $290 add-on is in addition to your CIM registration and includes:
- Private VIP pre-race pasta dinner at Hyatt Regency
- Special room block rates available for a limited number of VIPs – First come first serve
- VIP Concierge service to handle all of your race weekend needs
Entry into the Capitol Challenge
- Capitol Challenge – Run both the Capitol 5k and the California International Marathon. Earn 3 medals over CIM weekend: 5k medal (available at 5k finish), CIM medal (available at marathon finish), and Capitol Challenge medal (available at challenge tent in marathon finish festival)
- VIP packet pick-up area
- Premium merchandise item and goody bag
- Custom bib (Must sign up by Nov 1)
- Luxury charter bus to start line
- Private warming tent with food & private bathrooms at start line
- Premium gear check service
- VIP post-race brunch in Sutter Club
- Premium gear check service
2020 Charity information coming soon…
I understand California International Marathon will NOT provide refunds, credits, or deferrals to registrants for ANY reason.
Race organizers will NOT provide refunds, credits, or deferrals for conditions, restrictions, or mandates that may exist in registrants’ own communities or their own lives (including, but not limited to, injuries, illness, etc.) that may hinder or prevent their ability to prepare for, travel to, or participate in CIM. We do NOT provide any refunds for registrants that are unable to participate. If you register and are unable to participate, for ANY reason, NO refund or credit will be granted.
Registrants should consider that certain event details are subject to change, and refunds will NOT be provided due to changes in the event details/amenities/services offered, including but not limited to: spectator presence, start time and procedures, event transportation, on-course services, pace teams, gear check, and pre and post race amenities and experiences.
Race organizers, in conjunction with public safety officials, reserve the right to cancel the event at any time related to ensuring the safety of participants, spectators, and the community. In the event of a race cancellation, refunds, credits, or deferrals are NOT guaranteed to participants; however, race organizers will consider the cancellation circumstances and may provide participants with some registration compensation options.