Due to its excellent race organization and fast course, the California International Marathon has always been a favorite event for first time marathoners, fitness runners, and especially for runners seeking a PR, a Boston Marathon or Olympic Marathon Trials qualifying standard.
2019 Marathon Registration:
“Re-Run” Registration Special: $99 (limited to 1000 registrants) First 1,000: Registration opens February 28 – $112 Early Registration: Registrant 1,001 – April 25 – $124 Spring Registration: April 26 – June 11 – $135 Standard Registration: June 12 – July 11 – $147 Final Registration: July 12 – Sellout – $159
- 1000 Late Entries to Benefit Local Charities – $275
There are 1000 late entries to benefit local charities.
$116 of your registration cost is tax deductible.
If you have a valid access code this code will allow registration.
Get the CIM VIP Experience:
This $290 add-on is in addition to your CIM registration and includes:
- Private VIP pre-race pasta dinner at Hyatt Regency
- VIP Concierge service to handle all of your race weekend needs
Entry into the Capitol Challenge
- Capitol Challenge – Run both the Capitol 5k and the California International Marathon. Earn 3 medals over CIM weekend: 5k medal (available at 5k finish), CIM medal (available at marathon finish), and Capitol Challenge medal (available at challenge tent in marathon finish festival)
- VIP packet pick-up area
- Commemorative Race Poster
- Premium merchandise item and goody bag
- VIP Exclusive CIM Premium Merchandise Item
- Custom bib (Must sign up by Nov 1)
- Luxury charter bus to start line
- Private warming tent with food & private bathrooms at start line
- Premium gear check service
- VIP post-race brunch in Sutter Club
- Premium gear check service with finisher gift
The VIP Program can be added to your registration during the regular registration process. If you have already registered and would like to add the VIP option for your race weekend please follow the link below.CIM VIP Add-On
Late Entries to Benefit Local Charities
2019 Late Entries to Benefit Local Charities Information
Once CIM sells out, a limited number of Late Entries to Benefit Local Charities are available for $275. Proceeds benefit the American River Parkway Foundation, the UC Davis Children’s Hospital and SRA Kids.
$116 of your late entry to benefit local charities is tax deductible.
Available after sell out
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in January to receive your tax letter.
CIM Deferral Program
The 2019 deferral window will open 10/28/19 and close 11/15/19
Already registered for this year’s marathon but unable to run?
DEFERRAL INFORMATION FOR RUNNERS REGISTERED FOR THE 2019 CIM
The deferral window will be open October 28 – November 15, 2019 for marathon entries only. During that time, any registrants who are unable to run this year’s marathon will be able to enter their info to defer their entry for the 2019 full marathon to the 2020 full marathon. A $49 fee will be charged to cover costs already incurred, and the administration of this program. Please return to this page for the deferral link once the deferral window is open. Once the deferral window closes we will not process any additional deferral requests. All deferrals are final. Once the deferral fee is paid the 2019 CIM registration is removed and can not be reinstated. No exceptions.
Important Note: Deferring your marathon entry does not automatically enter you to the 2020 California International Marathon. You will receive a deferral code immediately after you pay for your deferral. Retain that deferral code for you records as you will need the code to receive 100% off your 2020 CIM.
Please note that the deferral program is not retroactive and is not available for CIM entries prior to 2020. Additionally, this program is for marathon entries ONLY and will not apply to relay entries, and is NOT transferable.
The deferral window is currently closed.