Due to its excellent race organization and fast course, the California International Marathon has always been a favorite event for first time marathoners, fitness runners, and especially for runners seeking a PR, a Boston Marathon or Olympic Marathon Trials qualifying standard.
2020 Marathon Registration:
“Re-Run” Registration Special: $99 (limited to 1000 registrants) “Re-Run Extended” Registration Special: $109 (limited to registrants 1001-2000) First 1,000 Registrants: March 9 — $119 (open at 9am PDT) Early Registration: 1001st registrant through April 29 – $135
- Standard Registration: April 30 through June 12 – $149
- Final Registration: June 13 until sold out – $165
- Late Entries: $275 (limited availability)
Note: CIM has instituted a “worry free” registration policy for 2020. Learn more about this program here.
"Worry Free" Registration - COVID-19 Response
- If 2020 CIM is unable to be conducted in any form, all registrants will receive a voucher that they will be able to redeem for a free entry into one future CIM marathon through the year 2023
- The event’s “no refunds/no transfers” policy will still be in effect, as we are still unable to offer any refunds or transfer your registration for any reason
- The voucher will be assigned to the registered participant and can only be redeemed by that participant, it cannot be transferred to another person
- Registrants who deferred their 2019 CIM registration and HAVE REGISTERED for the 2020 CIM will receive the voucher. If you do not redeem your 2019 Deferral in 2020 for whatever reason, you will not receive a voucher. Vouchers are only for REGISTERED participants of the 2020 event
- All event add-ons (ie Run the Parkway training run, VIP Program, and Capitol 5k/Capitol Challenge) that a registrant has attached to their registration will be included in your voucher and will be added to your registration when you redeem your voucher in the future CIM event
- If the 2020 CIM is conducted, no vouchers will be offered; if you are unable to run for whatever reason, you will be still be able to utilize our normal deferral program for your registration
Get the CIM VIP Experience:
This $290 add-on is in addition to your CIM registration and includes:
- Private VIP pre-race pasta dinner at Hyatt Regency
- Special room block rates available for a limited number of VIPs – First come first serve
- VIP Concierge service to handle all of your race weekend needs
Entry into the Capitol Challenge
- Capitol Challenge – Run both the Capitol 5k and the California International Marathon. Earn 3 medals over CIM weekend: 5k medal (available at 5k finish), CIM medal (available at marathon finish), and Capitol Challenge medal (available at challenge tent in marathon finish festival)
- VIP packet pick-up area
- Premium merchandise item and goody bag
- Custom bib (Must sign up by Nov 1)
- Luxury charter bus to start line
- Private warming tent with food & private bathrooms at start line
- Premium gear check service
- VIP post-race brunch in Sutter Club
- Premium gear check service
The VIP Program can be added to your registration during the regular registration process. If you have already registered and would like to add the VIP option for your race weekend please follow the link below.CIM VIP Add-On
CIM Deferral Program
The deferral window is CLOSED.
DEFERRAL INFORMATION FOR RUNNERS REGISTERED FOR THE 2020 CIM
The deferral window will be open October 26 – November 13, 2020 for marathon entries only. During that time, any registrants who are unable to run this year’s marathon will be able to defer their entry for the 2020 full marathon to the 2021 full marathon. A $49 fee will be charged to cover costs already incurred, and the administration of this program. Please return to this page for the deferral link once the deferral window is open. Once the deferral window closes we will not process any additional deferral requests. All deferrals are final. Once the deferral fee is paid the 2020 CIM registration is removed and can not be reinstated. No exceptions.
Important Note: Deferring your marathon entry does not automatically enter you to the 2021 California International Marathon. You will be contacted early the following year with your deferral code, instructions and registration dates. Retain that deferral code for your records as you will need the code to receive 100% off your 2021 CIM. You will receive registration instruction for the 2021 marathon in early 2021.
Please note that the deferral program is not retroactive and is not available for CIM entries prior to 2021. Additionally, this program is for marathon entries ONLY and will not apply to relay entries, and is NOT transferable.
2020 Charity information coming soon…
No refunds. No transfers. No exceptions. Once you have completed the registration process you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, you may not give or sell your number to anyone else. Are you interested in deferring your marathon entry to the next year? Click above for the deferral information. Note: CIM has instituted a “worry free” registration policy for 2020. Learn more about this program here.