Dec. 5, 2021
2020 information below, 2021 coming in spring.
Relay Leg 1 (CIM Start Line: 7550 Folsom-Auburn Rd, Folsom)
- Relay runners should follow the same protocol as marathon runners for getting to the start.
- Bus transportation from relay exchange zone 1 (end of leg 1) is available for all relay runners back to the marathon finish at the State Capitol.
- There are no buses that transport runners back to the start or back to their hotels.
Relay Leg 2 (Relay Exchange #2: 4010 Manzanita Avenue, Carmichael)
Do not take the bus to the marathon start!
- Relay runners are allowed to take the bus or may have someone drop them off at the relay exchange zone.
- Bus transportation will ONLY be available from Pick-Up Location A (Sacramento Convention Center on 11th and J Streets).
- Buses leave at 7:00 a.m.
- You may bring your warm-pre race clothes to the start of the marathon (or to the start of your relay leg), and it will be transported to the finish for you.
- Gear bags will be clear. The clear bag you receive at packet pick-up is the only bag acceptable to check on race day into the gear trucks at the start. Other bags will NOT be accepted.
- Relay Leg 1 & Marathon: To identify your bag, write your bib number with a marker in the colored box printed on the clear bag. Do NOT place anything of value in your bag, especially car keys or cell phones. The SRA is not responsible for lost items. Before the start of the race, hand your bag to a volunteer at the start area bag trucks that will transport your bag to the finish.
- Relay Leg 2: To identify your bag, write your bib number with a marker in the colored box printed on the clear bag. Do NOT place anything of value in your bag, especially car keys or cell phones. The SRA is not responsible for lost items. Relay participants will be allowed to leave the clear bags on the bus. Those bags will be transported to the finish.
- DO NOT over fill gear check bags.
- At the finish line, claim your bag on 10th street, to your right as you exit the CIM controlled zone.
- Unclaimed gear check bags will be held for two weeks at the SRA office. Bags will not be shipped.