2017 information below, updated information coming early fall 2018.
CIM Course Preview
On This Page
Fueling & Hydration
The California International Marathon will have 17 aid stations spread throughout the course, each stocked with water and nuun performance. Four of these stops will also be stocked with CLIF Shot, CLIF Bar Minis and fruit. We're proud to provide our runners with multiple nutrition and hydration options in order to fuel them to a successful race day! If you have any medical issues while completing the race, medical personnel will be located at the far end of every aid station and will be able to provide you basic medical assistance on-site.
Aid Station Information
|Station||Location||Mile||nuun performance||CLIF Shot*, CLIF Bar & Fruit||Medical|
|#1||Casa Roble HS & Oak Ave.||3.3||Blueberry Strawberry||Yes|
|#2||Fire station on Oak Ave.||5.5||Orange Mango||Yes|
|#3||Edgewood (Greenback) & FO Blvd.||7.5||Blueberry Strawberry||Yes||Yes|
|#4||Madison & FO Blvd.||8.5||Orange Mango||Yes|
|#5||Old Fair Oaks Village||10.3||Blueberry Strawberry||Yes|
|#6||California & FO Blvd.||13||Orange Mango||Yes||Yes|
|#7||P.O. Carmichael Park & FO Blvd.||14.4||Blueberry Strawberry||Yes|
|#8||El Camino & FO Blvd.||15.5||Orange Mango||Yes|
|#9||Arden & FO Blvd.||16.5||Blueberry Strawberry||Yes|
|#10||Stewart & FO Blvd.||17.8||Orange Mango||Yes|
|#11||Watt & FO Blvd.||19.4||Blueberry Strawberry||Yes||Yes|
|#12||Loehmann’s Plaza (Munroe & FO Blvd.)||20.4||Orange Mango||Yes|
|#13||Howe Ave & FO Blvd.||21.1||Blueberry Strawberry||Yes|
|#14||CSUS (Carlson & H St.)||22||Orange Mango||Yes|
|#15||Mercy Hosp (41st & J St.)||23.5||Blueberry Strawberry||Yes||Yes|
|#16||Sutter Hosp (28th & L St.)||24.5||Orange Mango||Yes|
|#17||19th St & L St.||25.3||Blueberry Strawberry||Yes|
*Aid Stations that offer CLIF will have the following flavors available:
CIM Fueling: Nutritional Facts
|Goal Time (# of hours)||5:00||4:30||4:00||3:30||3:00||2:30|
|Calories (150-250 per hour)||750-1250||675-1125||600-1000||525-875||450-750||375-650|
|Sodium (>500-700mg per hour)||2,500-3,500mg||2,250-3,150mg||2,000-2,800mg||1,750-2,450mg||1,500-2,100mg||1,250-1,750mg|
|Potassium (40-60mg per hour)||200-300mg||180-270mg||160-240mg||140-210mg||120-180mg||100-150mg|
|Fluids (> 20-30oz. Per hour)||100-150oz||90-135oz||80-120z||70-105oz||60-90oz||50-75oz|
Road Closure Schedule
The road closure grid below is based on a 3:00 min/mile pace for the first racers (hand crank wheelchair) and approximately a 13:44 min/mile pace for the slowest runners. Important notes:
- After the first, very fast handcrank wheelchair racer, there will be large gaps between other racers, and course monitors will occasionally and very carefully allow some cross traffic.
- Slower runners might fall behind the reopen times shown below. In such cases, the runners are pedestrians responsible for heeding normal traffic laws.
- Regular traffic will be allowed on the course by the CHPs reopening the course according to the times in the table below.
- Folsom-Auburn Road to the north of the start area is closed to through traffic at the intersection of Eureka Road beginning at 4:00 a.m. and reopening at 9:00 a.m. Only vehicles taking runners to the start will be allowed past the Eureka Road intersection.
- The Capitol Mall between 8th St and 10th St will be closed beginning at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, 12/1 until 5pm on Sunday, 12/2
- The California Highway Patrol mandates the road closures and has ultimate authority on executing the closing and opening of the roads during CIM.
- The road closure schedule below is subject to change on race day.
2017 CIM Street Closure Times
|2||5:20||8:05||American River Canyon|
|5:20||8:05||Santa Juanita and Oak|
|3||6:55||8:20||April and Oak|
|4||6:55||8:30||Beach and Oak|
|6||6:55||9:00||Oak and FOB|
|7||6:55||9:15||Woodmore Oaks and FOB|
|8||7:15||9:30||Niessen and FOB|
|9||7:15||9:50||Dorian and FOB|
|10||7:15||10:00||Main and FOB|
|11||7:15||10:15||New York and FOB|
|12||7:15||10:30||Hollister and FOB|
|13||7:15||10:45||California and FOB|
|14||7:30||11:00||Grant and FOB|
|15||7:30||11:15||Kenneth and FOB|
|16||7:30||11:30||Garfield and FOB|
|17||7:30||11:45||Paloma and FOB|
|18||7:30||12:00||Saverien and FOB|
|19||7:30||12:15||Coronado and FOB|
|20||7:30||12:30||Hawthorn and FOB|
|21||7:30||12:45||University and FOB|
|22||8:00||1:00||Carlson and J Street|
|23||8:00||1:15||Bear Flag and J Street|
|24||8:00||1:30||33rd and J Street|
|25||7:20||1:50||22nd and L Street|
|26||7:20||2:00||8th and L Street|