Race Operations Manager
The Sacramento Running Association is currently seeking an enthusiastic candidate to fill an open Race Operations Manager position. This person will serve as an operational area director at all SRA Race Events. This position will report to the Executive Director, and must be comfortable working with and managing a diverse group including staff, vendors, contractors, hourly labor, and volunteers.
Qualifications and Skills
- Operational and logistical experience in managing public events; experience in managing running events preferred but not essential
- Site planning and management experience, including installation of elements
- Ability to effectively communicate to a diverse array of personnel including event staff, volunteers, vendors and contractors, law enforcement, and emergency management personnel
- Experience working both collaboratively within and as the leader of a team
- Familiarity with special event permitting process; experience with City of Folsom, City of Sacramento, Placer and/or Sacramento County permitting process preferred but not essential
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight timelines
- Ability to work long hours and weekends surrounding all SRA events
- Ability to lift heavy weights (up to 50 pounds)
Work Schedule/Compensation: This position is a part-time year-round position, with the heaviest workload occurring October through mid-December. This is an hourly position without benefits, and compensation will be based on experience and qualifications.
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Scott Abbott via email at email@example.com.
Application Deadline: Friday, June 25.