EXPO, BIB, AND TIMING INFORMATION
Sleep Train Arena
1 Sports Parkway
Sacramento, CA 95834
*Use east entrance off Truxel Road (Toll Plaza 9) Parking is free!
Friday, December 6: 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Saturday, December 7: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Shuttle service will be provided from Downtown Sacramento at our Hotel Headquarters – the Sheraton Grand:
Departing from Sheraton Grand (13th and J): 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm, 4:00pm, 5:00pm
Returning from Sleep Train Arena (Northeast Entrance): 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm, 4:30pm, 5:30pm, 6:30pm (note: last shuttle returns before Expo closing time)
Departing from Sheraton Grand (13th and J): 10:30am, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm
Returning from Sleep Train Arena (Northeast Entrance): 11:00am, 12:00pm, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm, 4:00pm (note: last shuttle returns before Expo closing time)
Additional information about the Expo can be viewed online HERE.
PACKET PICK-UP REQUIREMENTS
Registered marathon runners must pick up their race materials in person with acceptable photo identification at the CIM Expo. We do not mail materials or give them out on race day. Only a government-issued photo identification card will be accepted (we are not requiring passports for international runners).
You can make your pick-up faster by knowing your bib number before you arrive. This will assist our volunteers when pulling up you're bib. You can find your bib number HERE. It is also a good idea to have your confirmation email available.
You may have someone else pick up your packet for you by following a few simple steps:
- Complete the Race Packet Pick-Up Authorization Form (click HERE for the form). You do NOT need your bib number for this but it will make pick-up faster if you include your bib number on the form.
- Have your "friend" bring the form along with a copy of your photo ID to your designated alphabetical line at the Expo.
- Please be kind to your friend and supply them with the proper tools to pick up your bib. If they do not have the Authorization Form AND a copy of your photo ID they will be turned away.
Marathon Packet Pick-Up: Bib number pick-up is organized by the first letter of the entrant's last name in the marathon packet area.
VIP Packet Pick-Up: VIP Packet Pick-Up will be available to the right of the regular marathon bib pick-up – look for the red carpet!
Special Packet Pick-Up: This includes all Seeded Start runners, registered Running Clubs (Forerunner, Gilbert's Gazelles, South Bay Running Club, Bull City, and Power Milers), and all Adventist Health relay teams. Will be located just after 'Z' in the marathon packet pick-up.
Capitol Challenge: There is not a special bib pick-up location for the Capitol Challenge. You will need to pick up your 5k bib and shirt at the Capitol 5k booth on the upper level of the Sleep Train Arena on Friday (or at 10th and L Street on Saturday morning, near the start line). Your marathon bib will be available at the Sleep Train Arena on both days of the Expo (there is no race day pick-up for the marathon).
SOLUTIONS DESK AND INFO BOOTH
The Marathon Solutions Desk will be located to the left of the marathon packet pick-up table and is the place to go to update registration information and resolve any other registration questions.
For all other questions (i.e. busing questions, directions, course info…) or for Lost & Found, the Info Booth will be located immediately to your right as you enter the arena floor.
RACE BIB AND TIMING
The CIM has state-of-the-art B-Tag timing. What does that mean for you?
- Your timing tag is pre-attached to the back of your race bib. Do NOT detach the tag, as this will lead to you receiving no official finish time!
- You MUST wear your race bib on your FRONT on top of your outermost layer of clothing. Race bibs must be fully visible at all times (not cut, folded or obscured). Runners who run without their bib properly attached and displayed risk not having their finish time and split times recorded and not being listed in the results.
- Runners are NOT allowed to wear more than one bib. If you are caught wearing more than one bib you will be disqualified. This includes relay bibs.
- There will be no "Chip Check" at the Expo. We know your B-Tag works!
Once you receive your bib at the CIM Expo, please take a few minutes before race morning to thoroughly complete the information on the back of your bib.
Runners and spectators will have the ability to track participants HERE. You can sign up for tracking starting now.
Unofficial results will be available HERE.
CIM LOYAL RUNNER CLUB
Have you run the CIM a few times? Are you approaching your 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th or maybe even 30th CIM? If so, welcome to the Loyal Runner Club! Be sure to stop by the booth just past marathon packet pick-up at the CIM Expo to claim your Loyal Runner Club gifts (they are worth it!).
Click HERE for more information and to see if you are on this year's list!
The CIM Expo map is available HERE.