EXPO, BIB, AND TIMING INFORMATION
Sleep Train Arena
1 Sports Parkway
Sacramento, CA 95834
*Use east entrance off Truxel Road (Toll Plaza 9) Parking is free!
Friday, December 6: 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Saturday, December 7: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Shuttle service will be provided from Downtown Sacramento at our Hotel Headquarters – the Sheraton Grand:
Departing from Sheraton Grand (13th and J): 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm, 4:00pm, 5:00pm
Returning from Sleep Train Arena (Northeast Entrance): 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm, 4:30pm, 5:30pm, 6:30pm (note: last shuttle returns before Expo closing time)
Departing from Sheraton Grand (13th and J): 10:30am, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm
Returning from Sleep Train Arena (Northeast Entrance): 11:00am, 12:00pm, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm, 4:00pm (note: last shuttle returns before Expo closing time)
Additional information about the Expo can be viewed online HERE.
PACKET PICK-UP REQUIREMENTS
Registered marathon runners must pick up their race materials in person with acceptable photo identification at the CIM Expo. We do not mail materials or give them out on race day. Only a government-issued photo identification card will be accepted (we are not requiring passports for international runners).
You can make your pick-up faster by knowing your bib number before you arrive. This will assist our volunteers when pulling up you're bib. You can find your bib number HERE. It is also a good idea to have your confirmation email available.
You may have someone else pick up your packet for you by following a few simple steps:
- Complete the Race Packet Pick-Up Authorization Form (click HERE for the form). You do NOT need your bib number for this but it will make pick-up faster if you include your bib number on the form.
- Have your "friend" bring the form along with a copy of your photo ID to your designated alphabetical line at the Expo.
- Please be kind to your friend and supply them with the proper tools to pick up your bib. If they do not have the Authorization Form AND a copy of your photo ID they will be turned away.
Marathon Packet Pick-Up: Bib number pick-up is organized by the first letter of the entrant's last name in the marathon packet area.
VIP Packet Pick-Up: VIP Packet Pick-Up will be available to the right of the regular marathon bib pick-up – look for the red carpet!
Special Packet Pick-Up: This includes all Seeded Start runners, registered Running Clubs (Forerunner, Gilbert's Gazelles, South Bay Running Club, Bull City, and Power Milers), and all Adventist Health relay teams. Will be located just after 'Z' in the marathon packet pick-up.
Capitol Challenge: There is not a special bib pick-up location for the Capitol Challenge. You will need to pick up your 5k bib and shirt at the Capitol 5k booth on the upper level of the Sleep Train Arena on Friday (or at 10th and L Street on Saturday morning, near the start line). Your marathon bib will be available at the Sleep Train Arena on both days of the Expo (there is no race day pick-up for the marathon).
SOLUTIONS DESK AND INFO BOOTH
The Marathon Solutions Desk will be located to the left of the marathon packet pick-up table and is the place to go to update registration information and resolve any other registration questions.
For all other questions (i.e. busing questions, directions, course info…) or for Lost & Found, the Info Booth will be located immediately to your right as you enter the arena floor.
RACE BIB AND TIMING
The CIM has state-of-the-art B-Tag timing. What does that mean for you?
- Your timing tag is pre-attached to the back of your race bib. Do NOT detach the tag, as this will lead to you receiving no official finish time!
- You MUST wear your race bib on your FRONT on top of your outermost layer of clothing. Race bibs must be fully visible at all times (not cut, folded or obscured). Runners who run without their bib properly attached and displayed risk not having their finish time and split times recorded and not being listed in the results.
- Runners are NOT allowed to wear more than one bib. If you are caught wearing more than one bib you will be disqualified. This includes relay bibs.
- There will be no "Chip Check" at the Expo. We know your B-Tag works!
Once you receive your bib at the CIM Expo, please take a few minutes before race morning to thoroughly complete the information on the back of your bib.
Runners and spectators will have the ability to track participants HERE. You can sign up for tracking starting now.
Unofficial results will be available HERE.
CIM LOYAL RUNNER CLUB
Have you run the CIM a few times? Are you approaching your 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th or maybe even 30th CIM? If so, welcome to the Loyal Runner Club! Be sure to stop by the booth just past marathon packet pick-up at the CIM Expo to claim your Loyal Runner Club gifts (they are worth it!).
Click HERE for more information and to see if you are on this year's list!
The CIM Expo map is available HERE.
GETTING TO THE START
Your start line transportation is included in your registration. More info HERE.
New this year: Runners are no longer permitted to be dropped off near the Start Line. All runners must use one of the Buses or Shuttles provided. Be sure to know which bus or shuttle you plan to use before race day.
What is the difference between a Bus and Shuttle?
- Leave from locations near partner hotels (check with hotel for parking availability, prices)
- Return shuttles available from finish for B, C, D and E.
- Upon arrival at the Start Area, runners can remain on buses until shortly before the start
- 3 drop-off locations available
- Runner drop-off only: no parking available, no return bus from Finish Area
- These run on a loop so runners must exit upon arrival to the start Area
Gear bags will be clear. The clear bag you receive at packet pick-up is the ONLY bag acceptable to give to the gear trucks at the start. Other bags will NOT be accepted. You will label your gear bag with your bib number using a Sharpie or other permanent marker. Don't forget to put your bib number on your bag! This is the only way to identify your bag so write clearly.
Do not put valuables in your bag! We are not responsible for lost items.
Do not over-stuff your bag as the bags will break.
Please hand your bag to the volunteers.
SELF-SEEDED START STAGING AREAS
There are 5 entrances to the Start Staging Areas available to runners, sorted by your expected finish time; these are NOT assigned corrals. Please review the corral schedule HERE and on race day line up in the appropriate pace range so you and all of your fellow runners will have a fair start and a chance to perform your best.
FUELING AND HYDRATION
The California International Marathon will have 17 aid stations spread throughout the course, each stocked with water and nuun performance. Four of these stops will also be stocked with CLIF Shot, CLIF Bar Minis and fruit. Click HERE for more on-course fueling and hydration information.
The current weather forecast calls for the morning low at the Start Line in Folsom to be in the mid-40s, with highs at the Finish Line in Sacramento in the low-50s under partly cloudy skies. Check the weather conditions before you leave your hotel room on race morning. Here are some race day tips that apply regardless of the weather:
- Dress in layers! You can always shed unwanted clothing at the start line and the first two aid stations. Look for the volunteers waving the "Throw Me Your Clothes" signs. Do not litter the streets with unwanted clothing! Clothes shed at the start and on the course will be donated to a non-profit – you will NOT get them back.
- Stay on the bus! If you rode the bus to the start, stay on the bus. Runners are allowed to stay on the buses until 15 minutes prior to the start of the race.
- Utilize the gear check option! Bring your CIM-issued clear bag to the start, shed sweats, hats, etc. before you toe the line and drop your bag off with a volunteer at the gear check trucks. Your gear will be conveniently transported to the finish line for you to put back on after you finish.
Click HERE to view the spectator information page-and then send the link to all your adoring fans! This page has information on parking tips, directions to the best spectator locations and the course entertainment list.
The best spots on the course for spectators are…
- Old Town Fair Oaks – Mile 10
- Fair Oaks Boulevard and Manzanita Avenue – Mile 13.5
- Loehmann's Plaza – Mile 20.4
- California State Capitol – Finish Festival
At the California International Marathon, safety is our top priority. The CIM Public Safety Committee, which consists of race staff alongside representatives from ten local public safety organizations and agencies, has conducted a multi-year review of our event and has implemented the following security procedures:
All runners will get to the Start Line either on a bus to the Start Line from designated locations throughout the Sacramento area or via a Runner Drop-off Shuttle at designated locations within a few miles of the Start Line. There is no runner drop-off at the Start Line, and spectators are not allowed at the Start Line.
In order to be identified as an official participant runners must clearly display their unaltered bib on the front of their body at all times. There are no unofficial runners, or wheeled vehicles outside of wheelchair competitors, approved athletes with disabilities using non-traditional wheelchairs, and CIM officials, allowed on the course.
The Finish Festival will open to the public at 8:30am on race day. All Finish Festival attendees are required to pass through one of nine designated Security Checkpoints. All bags are subject to inspection by Security Checkpoint staff.
To learn more about CIM event rules and security procedures, including a list of prohibited items, click here.
The road closure schedule can be viewed by clicking HERE.
AFTER THE RACE
For a look at our finish line amenities and activities and a map of the Finish Festival, click here.
CAPITOL CHALLENGE MEDAL PICK-UP
If you are registered for the Capitol Challenge you will receive your Challenge medal after you finish the full marathon. Go to the Capitol Challenge tent, to the left of the state Capitol steps, to receive your medal. We will have a list of all Capitol 5k finishers as you must complete the Capitol 5k and the full marathon to receive the third medal. You must be registered specifically for the Capitol Challenge to receive the third medal.
OFFICIAL CIM MERCHANDISE AT THE FINISH LINE
After you cross that finish line (but before the pain sets in), be sure to check out the OFFICIAL CIM merchandise tent located just to your left when you exit the Controlled Zone. Be sure to stop by and pick up some unique official merchandise to celebrate your accomplishment!
BEER GARDEN – PRESENTED BY Sierra Nevada
Be sure to check out the Sierra Nevada Beer Garden at the finish line! Have a beer and cheer runners who are still on the course.
*Must have a valid ID to enter the beer garden.
Help CIM reach GOLD! The 2019 CIM will be seeking recertification as a gold level sustainable event through the Council for Responsible Sport. Help CIM by donating clothes at the Expo or discarding them at the Start line, using sustainability stations to dispose of your waste, or taking light rail or riding your bike. Together we can reach our sustainability goals! To learn more about sustainability at CIM, click HERE.
CIM to Boston!
CIM is the leading Boston Marathon qualifying race in the country, and to celebrate that, we hope you will ring the "BQ Bell", at the finish line when you get your qualifier.
The California International Marathon and the Sacramento Running Association have an active presence on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. We encourage all of you to engage with us and other runners using your own social media accounts.
Official Twitter Hashtag: #runCIM – use this in all of your tweets and posts
Official Twitter Accounts: SRA/CIM, @runSRA_CIM
Official CIM Facebook Page: LINK
Official SRA Facebook Page: LINK
Official Instagram Account: LINK
VIRTUAL GOODY BAG
All entrants will receive an email following CIM with special offers from Sacramento Running Association partners. Keep an eye out!
SPECIAL "RE-RUN" REGISTRATION FOR 2020
Lock in now for 2020 at the special lowest price of $99 with the "Re-Run" Registration option that opens on Monday, Dec 9. Limited spots available at the low price. Look for the "Re-Run" Registration link on the CIM website after the race and in the Virtual Goody Bag!