November 4, 2018
2017 information below, new information coming summer of 2018
Sunday, November 4
7:00am – Half Marathon & 20-Mile
7:15am – Untimed Fun Run & Nature Walk
Race Start and Finish Location:
Start & Finish: William B. Pond Recreation Area
Race Cutoff Times:
- Untimed Fun Run & Nature Walk: a 1-hour finish time (approximately 30 minutes/mile)
- Half Marathon: a 4:35 finish time (21:00 minutes/mile)
- 20-Mile: a 4:35 finish time (13:44 minutes/mile)
Race Day: To avoid long lines we STRONGLY suggest, if at all possible, that you pick up your packet before race day (here). However we will have race day pickup from 6:00 am until race start at race headquarters at William B. Pond Recreation Area.
There is plentiful parking in and around the William B. Pond Recreation area. For bibs 1-750 (most 20-Mile runners), our parking volunteers will direct you to park in Zone 1 (inside the park).
For bibs 750-1500 and 2,000+ (some 20-Mile runners and all Untimed Fun Run/Nature Walk participants), shortly before the entrance to the park our volunteers will direct you to park in Zone 2 (the neighborhood streets adjacent to the park). Street parking in the neighborhood has been reserved for the event.
Bibs 1,501-2,000 (all half marathoners) must park in Zone 3 at River Bend Park. All half marathoners/Zone 3 parkers, please note that you should plug “River Bend Park” into your GPS for driving directions, not William Pond. Due to being on the other side of the river, this location is a 15-minute drive from William Pond (but only a 5-minute walk across the Harold Richey Pedestrian Bridge).
Click here to see a map of the parking zones.
Regardless of your assigned parking location, please plan to arrive at least 30-45 minutes before the start of your race if you picked up your bib Friday. And please plan to arrive 45-60 minutes before the start of your race if you’re picking up your bib on race morning.
There will be no drop-offs allowed in William Pond Park. Volunteers will direct you to park in the appropriate zone, and all runners will walk to the Start Line from their assigned parking zone.
A Finish Festival featuring food provided by Raley’s, a beer garden presented by Sierra Nevada, and a beautiful Parkway setting awaits all finishers. Hours are 8:00am-11:30pm. (Please Note: Please bring your ID so we can serve you your free beer in the beer garden.) Free massages for runners provided by Active Bodywork.
- Custom medals for all 20-Mile and Half Marathon finishers!
- Ribbons for all youth (14 & under) Untimed Fun Run and Nature Walk finishers.
- Please Note: There are no overall or age group awards at Run the Parkway. It’s a training run–save your race for CIM!
Fueling & Hydration:
Run the Parkway is a great way to train for the California International Marathon and will offer the same hydration and fueling options on course, including CLIF Shot Energy Gel, fruit, small baked goods and nuun Performance (Blueberry Strawberry & Orange Mango). Aid stations will be at Mile 2, 4.2, 6, 7.3, 9, 11.1, 13.2, 14.1, 15, 17, 18.3 & 19.2. See map below for details.
Run the Parkway Pace Team Info:
The Run the Parkway Pace Team consists of experienced pacers, many of whom also serve as pacers at the CIM. They will be in place at least 10 minutes before the start and will be wearing matching, bright orange/red shirts and holding red signs with their goal marathon finish time.
Run the Parkway Pace Team Times:
Rules and Guidelines for All Entrants:
- No pets.
- No unregistered runners, walkers or pacers.
- Wearing headphone, iPods or Walkman-type radios is discouraged.
- No bicycles, unicycles, tricycles, inline skates, blades, or skateboards are allowed in any race!
- Baby joggers are not allowed in the 20-Mile, or half marathon.
- Nature walk is on rugged terrain and strollers are discouraged.
- Hand crank bicycles are not allowed at Run the Parkway and there is no official hand crank division. If you are a disabled athlete who would like to participate in a hand crank bicycle, you may request an accommodation through USA Track & Field’s ADA Accommodations Request process. (Please note: Evaluation of this request may take 4-6 weeks.)
- Runners who do not finish within the cut-off times should not expect on-course support (medical, aid stations, course marshals) and may not receive an official finish time.
- No one other than the runner who officially registered may use the bib number with timing tag issued to that runner. Transferring and/or selling your bib is illegal.
- Bib numbers must not be altered, should be worn on the front of the runner, and be clearly visible at all times.
Half Marathon Course Map
20-Mile & Untimed Nature Walk Map
Due to anticipated weather conditions, the Untimed Fun Run/Nature Walk will now be run/walked entirely on the paved portion of the recreation trail, with a turnaround at the Harrington Aid Station. To see the course map, click here.