Feb. 3, 2019
Sunday, February 3, 2019
8:00am – Future Stars’ 1k and Pee-Wee 40-Yard Dash
8:30am – 5k Start
9:30am – 10k Start
Race Start and Finish Location:
Start: Near Hornet Stadium on College Town Drive
Finish: Hornet Stadium
Rules and Guidelines for All Entrants:
- No pets.
- No unregistered runners, walkers or pacers.
- Wearing headphone, iPods or Walkman-type radios is discouraged.
- The 10k route is not wheelchair-friendly. The 5k route is. Please let us know if you plan to participate in the 5k in a wheelchair.
- No bicycles, unicycles, tricycles, inline skates, blades, skateboards, or strollers! The only wheeled vehicles allowed on the course are those of the wheelchair competitors and race officials.
- Hand crank bicycles are not allowed at the Super Sunday Run and there is no official hand crank division. If you are a disabled athlete who would like to participate in a hand crank bicycle, you may request an accommodation through USA Track & Field’s ADA Accommodations Request process. (Please note: Evaluation of this request may take 4-6 weeks.)
- Baby joggers or strollers are allowed in the untimed 5k, but we request that you please line up in the back to be courteous to your fellow runners.
- Race services are limited to a 1:00 finish time (19:22/mile pace) for 5k runners and a 1:30 finish time (14:31/mile pace) for 10k runners.
- Anyone proceeding slower than this pace must follow pedestrian rules, and race management cannot guarantee that finish times of these finishers will be published.
- No one other than the runner who officially registered may use the bib number with timing tag issued to that runner. Transferring and/or selling your bib is illegal.
- Bib numbers must not be altered, should be worn on the front of the runner, and be clearly visible at all times.
- Alcohol and barbecues are not allowed in the parking lot. The event is hosting an Official Tailgate and Finish Festival from 9am-11:30am in the Alumni Center.
Information available here.
Parking at Hornet Stadium is conveniently located in the lot (Lot 8) adjacent to the start line.
Need someone to watch your little one while you get your run in on the big day? We have professional child care provided by the All About Kids!
All About Kids Staff is:
- Background Checked
- CPR/FIRST AID Certified (Pediatric and Adult)
- Actively working with children in a professional setting daily (teachers, child care providers, career nannies)
- Experienced on-site event professionals
Click here to register your child.
Post-Race Tailgating Party:
With hot dogs, potato wedges, and a free beer (bib and ID required) for all finishers, plus a DJ, corn hole, and a bounce house for the kids, there’s no better way to start your Super Bowl party than at the Super Sunday Run Tailgate Finish Festival! The party goes from 9:00 am to 11:30am at the Alumni Center (mere meters outside of Hornet Stadium), so be sure to stop by and celebrate your finish with us before you watch the big game!
Please Note: Unsanctioned tailgating is prohibited on the Sac State campus, so please leave your barbecues at home and let us provide the beer.
- New this year, the Super Sunday Run 10k is a Pacific Association Road Grand Prix race, with nearly $3000 of cash awards to top PA finishers (individual and team). Click here for additional information.
- Also new this year, register for the Champions Challenge and complete both the timed 5k and the 10k to receive a Champions Challenge Finishers Ring!
- Football-themed trophies for overall top-three male and female finishers in both the 10k and timed 5k
- Super Bowl ring-inspired awards for top-three finishers in the following male and female age groups for both the 10K and timed 5K: 12 and under, 13-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+)
- 5k awards for timed 5k only–no awards for untimed 5k!
- Ribbons for all Future Stars’ 1K and Pee-Wee 40-Yard Dash finishers
- Overall and age group award winners and Champions Challenge finishers must claim their awards at the awards tent on race day.
- Awards not picked up on race day will be held at the Sacramento Running Association office for four weeks and may be picked up by the award-winner during that time. After four weeks, the awards will no longer be available for pick-up. Awards will not be mailed. Contact email@example.com for further questions.