Dec. 7, 2019
Capitol 5k & Capitol Challenge Race Information
Are you already registered for CIM and looking to run in the 5k to complete the Capitol Challenge and receive three medals, two shirts, and one great full weekend of racing? Click here to register.
Saturday, December 7, 2019
Race Start and Finish Location
Start: 10th Street and L Street
Finish: 9th St & Capitol Mall (the same Finish Line as CIM!)
For the course map, click here.
Aid Station will be located at approximately Mile 1.6.
5k Start Map
5k Finish Map
Click here for Capitol 5k and maraFUNrun 5k Packet Pick-up information.
All city lots and garages will be maintaining their regular Saturday hours and rates during the event. Use the City of Sacramento’s ParkWhiz application for information on parking availability. Sacramento City Parking Services encourage you to use Tower Bridge Garage and Capitol Garage during this event; Capitol Garage will be best-accessed by turning south on 9th St, left on Kayak Alley, and entering the garage across 10th St.
Rules and Guidelines for All Entrants
- No pets.
- No unregistered runners, walkers or pacers.
- Wearing headphone, iPods or Walkman-type radios is discouraged.
- No strollers, baby joggers, inline skates or bicycles.
- Race services are limited to a 1:00 finish time (19:22/mile pace). Anyone proceeding slower than this pace may be passed by the maraFUNrun 5k leaders, may be asked to move to the side of the road or the sidewalk, and race management cannot guarantee that finish times of these finishers will be published.
- No one other than the runner who officially registered may use the bib number with timing tag issued to that runner. Transferring and/or selling your bib is illegal.
- Bib numbers must not be altered, should be worn on the front of the runner, and be clearly visible at all times.
- UC Davis Children’s Hospital maraFUNrun 5k registrants are not allowed to participate in the Capitol 5k in addition to or instead of the maraFUNrun 5k.
- Hand crank bicycles are not allowed at the CIM Saturday 5ks and there is no official hand crank division. If you are a disabled athlete who would like to participate in a hand crank bicycle, you may request an accommodation through USA Track & Field’s ADA Accommodations Request process. (Please note: Evaluation of this request may take 4-6 weeks.)
- Capitol 5k medals for all finishers.
- Awards to the top-3 finishers in the following age divisions: 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+.
- Capitol Challenge finishers can pick up their 3rd medal at the Challenge tent in the CIM Finish Festival Sunday.