It is race week! Below is the information you will need to know for your race day. Due to our strict COVID protocols, we ask that you please read all the information provided and understand your responsibility as a participant.
PLEASE NOTE: REPORT TIMES HAVE BEEN SLIGHTLY ALTERED – Make sure to check updated report times before arriving.
Race Day Info
- Race day is Sunday, March 28
- Race location is Rio Americano High School, 4540 American River Dr, Sacramento, CA 95864
- Parking will be located within the high school parking lot or on the streets near the school
Bib Pick-Up and Start Area
- THERE IS NO SEPARATE BIB PICK-UP AREA -You will be given your bib on race day in the start area, upon clearing the health screening
- Due to our strict COVID protocols, runners can only enter the start area during their assigned wave and designated report time
- If you do not know your assigned wave please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please refer to this chart for your designated report time:
- Wave A (10k) – Report 7:00 am
- Wave B (10k) – Report 7:15 am
- Wave C (10k) – Report 7:30 am
- Wave D (10k) – Report 7:45 am
- Wave E (10k) – Report 8:00 am
- Wave G (Half) – Report 8:30 am
- Wave H (Half) – Report 8:45 am
- Wave I (Half) – Report 9:00 am
- Wave J (Half) – Report 9:15 am
- Masks must be worn at all times in the start area
- Maintain 6 feet of social distancing
- Complete all warm-ups and restroom stops BEFORE YOU ARRIVE IN THE START AREA
- Portable restrooms will NOT be available in the start area
- Do not congregate near the start area entrance
- Step up to the start area entrance, mask on, at your assigned report time. If you are late you risk not being allowed to run.
- Runners will NOT be allowed in the start area early
- Enter the start area ready to run. You will be starting within approximately 10 minutes of entry.
- Once you enter the start area there will be no more opportunities to warm up, use the toilet, or discard extra clothing so please arrive ready to run
- There is no gear check at this event
- Upon entering the start area you will be directed to our COVID screening area. Once you complete the health screening you will be handed your bib and directed to the start line chutes (8 runners at a time).
- If you fail the health screening questions you will be directed to runner solutions for further directions
- If you know you will not pass the screening questions, please to not participate on race day
- Screening questions will be:
- Are you currently experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 (loss of smell/taste, fever, sore throat, nausea, etc..)?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 or shown signs/symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with a person who has symptoms of COVID-19 or has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Masks must remain on until you begin the race
- There are NO SPECTATORS allowed at the start
Race Day – Course
- Once on course, please hang on to your mask as you will need it at finish line and anywhere on course where you can not maintain 6 feet of social distancing
- Do your best to be self reliant
- Be mindful of other runners, on-course volunteers and staff and maintain at least 6 feet of distance at all times
- Please always stay on the left side of the course
- Remember, unlike most road races where runners follow the runner in front, runners will be very spread out at the event and will need to be generally aware of the course. Follow on-course markings and on-course marshal instructions. Click here to view the course map.
- Nuun and water will be available at aid stations located near miles:
- Hagan Park – 4 (Half)
- Rio 1 (10k) – 7.8 (Half)
- Oak Meadow 3.8 (10k) – 10.8 (Half)
- There are NO SPECTATORS allowed at any point on course
Race Day – Finish Area
- Once you finish you will be required to put your mask back on
- You will receive your finisher items (ie hat, medal, water, nuun, and Clif bar) in a pre-packaged finisher bag in the finisher area
- Runners will be asked to exit the event area as soon as they have finished and received their finisher bag
- There are NO SPECTATORS allowed at the finish area
- If you have a ride picking you up they must remain in their car
- For more information please visit our website here or email us at email@example.com