Dec. 5, 2020
UC Davis Children’s Hospital maraFUNrun 5k Information
2020 information below, 2021 coming in spring.
Saturday, December 5
Race Start and Finish Location
Start: 10th Street and L Street
Finish: 9th St & Capitol Mall (the same Finish Line as CIM!)
For the course map, click here.
Aid Station will be located at approximately Mile 1.6.
5k Start Map
Open 8:30am until race start. All non-Runnin’ for Rhett-affiliated youths, all “seeded” Runnin’ for Rhett youths, and their respective accompanying guardians will stage in Corral 1.
Open 8:30am until race start. Designated Runnin’ for Rhett youths and their respective accompanying guardians will stage in Corral 2.
Open 8:30am until race start. Designated Runnin’ for Rhett youths and their respective accompanying guardians will stage in Corral 3.
5k Finish Map
Click here for Capitol 5k Packet Pick-up information.
All city lots and garages will be maintaining their regular Saturday hours and rates during the event. Use the City of Sacramento’s ParkWhiz application for information on parking availability. Sacramento City Parking Services encourage you to use Tower Bridge Garage and Capitol Garage during this event; Capitol Garage will be best-accessed by turning south on 9th St, left on Kayak Alley, and entering the garage across 10th St.
Rules and Guidelines for All Entrants
- No pets.
- No unregistered runners, walkers or pacers.
- Wearing headphone, iPods or Walkman-type radios is discouraged.
- No strollers, baby joggers, inline skates or bicycles.
- Race services are limited to a 1:00 finish time (19:22/mile pace). Anyone proceeding slower than this pace may be directed down the “Muffet’s Pass” shortcut or, if they are after the shortcut, must follow pedestrian rules. Race management cannot guarantee that finish times of these finishers will be published.
- No one other than the runner who officially registered may use the bib number with timing tag issued to that runner. Transferring and/or selling your bib is illegal.
- Bib numbers must not be altered, should be worn on the front of the runner, and be clearly visible at all times.
- UC Davis Children’s Hospital maraFUNrun 5k registrants are not allowed to participate in the Capitol 5k in addition to or instead of the maraFUNrun 5k.
- Hand crank bicycles are not allowed at the CIM Saturday 5ks and there is no official hand crank division. If you are a disabled athlete who would like to participate in a hand crank bicycle, please visit our Adaptive Program page for more information.
- All youth maraFUNrun 5k finishers receive a maraFUNrun 5k medal.
- There are no overall or age group awards in the maraFUNrun 5k–it is a free, timed event conducted in the spirit of fun and fitness!
- Accompanying adults will not receive 5k medals. Adults who want to receive shirts and medals should register to run the Capitol 5k.
Notes for Specific Groups–Please Read Carefully!
There is ABSOLUTELY NO race day registration for the UC Davis Childrens Hospital maraFUNrun 5k!
Note for schools participating in the Runnin’ for Rhett Fall Youth Fitness Program: Teachers and Coaches in Runnin’ for Rhett schools, please find your waiver, R4R Youth Program info, and information on registering your athletes for the maraFUNrun 5k on the R4R website. A Runnin’ for Rhett representative will contact you regarding you regarding your packet pick-up information.
Note for “Accompanying Adults/Guardians”: The $10 fee for parents/guardians to accompany their children in the maraFUNrun 5k does NOT entitle them to a shirt or medal–the fee merely covers the cost of the bib, timing, and additional infrastructure needed to manage the additional participants. All bibs must be picked up on Friday at the CIM Expo, or race morning near the start line. To avoid waiting in long lines race morning we recommend you pick up you packet on Friday at the Expo.
Adults who wish to receive a shirt or medal should register for and run the Capitol 5k, also held on Saturday, December 5. Information on the Capitol 5k is here.