Road closures for Dec. 4 California International Marathon
A mile-by-mile look at Sunday’s CIM schedule
November 30, 2022
For immediate release
The 39th California International Marathon, organized by the Sacramento Running Association, will run from Folsom to Sacramento on Sunday, Dec. 4 starting at 7 a.m.
Race weekend will begin with the CIM Race Expo, open on Friday, Dec. 2 from noon to 7:00 p.m. and Saturday, Dec. 3 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the SAFE Credit Union Convention Center. A total of 10,000 runners are expected for Sunday’s California International Marathon and CIM Relay– over 9,000 marathoners and nearly 1,000 relay runners.
Below are the scheduled road closures, mile-by-mile and including major streets, for Sunday’s 26.2-mile race from Folsom to the state Capitol:
CIM Street Closure Times
|1||5:20||7:50||Folsom-Auburn Rd & Oak|
|2||5:20||8:05||American River Canyon & Oak|
|5:20||8:05||Santa Juanita & Oak|
|3||6:50||8:20||April & Oak|
|4||6:50||8:30||Beech & Oak|
|5||6:50||8:50||Wachtel & Oak|
|6||6:50||9:00||Oak & FOB|
|7||6:50||9:20||Woodlake Hills & FOB|
|8||7:05||9:35||Niessen & FOB|
|7:05||9:40||Madison Ave & FOB|
|9||7:05||10:00||Dorian & FOB|
|10||7:05||10:10||Winding Way & FOB|
|11||7:05||10:20||New York & FOB|
|12||7:05||10:40||Hollister & FOB|
|13||6:15||10:50||California & FOB|
|14||7:30||11:10||Grant & FOB|
|15||7:30||11:30||Kenneth & FOB|
|16||7:30||11:40||Garfield & FOB|
|17||7:30||11:55||Paloma & FOB|
|18||7:30||12:00||Saverien & FOB|
|19||7:30||12:30||Coronado & FOB|
|20||7:30||1:00||Hawthorn & FOB|
|8:00||1:00||Munroe & FOB|
|21||7:30||1:00||University & FOB|
|22||8:00||1:15||Carlson & J St|
|23||8:00||1:30||Bear Flag & J St|
|24||8:00||1:45||33rd & J St|
|8:00||1:45||J St & Alhambra Blvd Turn|
|8:00||1:45||L St & 29th St|
|25||8:00||2:05||22nd & L St|
|7:00||4:00||15th & L St|
|26||7:00||4:00||8th & L St|
Additional road closures and important information listed below.
- The Capitol Mall between 8th St and 9th St will be closed beginning at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, 12/2 until 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, 12/4.
- 9th St between N St and L St will be closed beginning at 2:00pm on Friday, 12/2 until 5:00pm on Sunday, 12/4.
- 8th St and 10th St between N St and L St will be closed beginning at 6:00am on Saturday, 12/3 until 5:00pm on Sunday, 12/4.
- Folsom-Auburn Road to the north of the start area is closed to through traffic at the intersection of Eureka Road beginning at 3:00 a.m. and reopening at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, 12/4.
- Regular traffic will be allowed on the course by the law enforcement personnel reopening the course according to the times in the table above.
The California International Marathon has partnered with the WAZE app to provide live road closure information and closure avoidance routes for the community on race day.
A race day spectator guide can be found online at runcim.org.
The Sacramento Running Association is a non-profit organization dedicated to finding ways to encourage people of all ages and abilities to run. The SRA is committed to developing new, quality running events that appeal to a broad variety of runners.