2020 CIM Newsletter #1
Our top priority is the health and well-being of our community, participants, volunteers, employees, and event stakeholders. While we may not be able to provide the exact same CIM as in pre-COVID years, we are working this fall to attempt to provide an event that enables a return to racing under the safest conditions possible. Our pledge to you: we will spare no effort to provide a safe, community-conscious experience, following the latest Department of Public Health guidelines. With your help, support, and understanding, we will all work together to achieve a return to racing.
Stay Healthy - Health Policies
- Stay Connected - Communication Plans
- Stay Informed - Education and Training
- Stay Safe - Operational Risk Mitigation Strategies
- Be Responsible - Participant and Staff Expectations
|You are a part of the team! We would like all registered participants to fill out this pre-race survey to help us understand what our runners are thinking about the return to racing. We do appreciate your participation and honesty.
Please fill out this important pre-race survey by August 24.
You will be receiving a newsletter each month with important race updates and participant information. This is the first of five newsletters. Please read carefully as these e-mails will help prepare you and give you important details for a great experience at the 2020 CIM.
What to Expect
Approximately once a month, from now until race week, you will receive your #road2CIM newsletters with vital information pertaining to your race experience. Be advised that we are doing everything we can to make this a safe event and if the status of the event changes at any point we will contact our participants as soon as we can. It is for this reason it is so important to read the information provided in each newsletter.
Information to be looking for in upcoming newsletters:
- Updates from our COVID response team
- Participant, Volunteer, and Staff expectations with our ever-changing running conditions
- Training tips
- Hydration and nutrition information
- Getting to the start
- Safety and security procedures
- Deferral information
- Runner waiver/agreement - to be signed in order to pick up your packet
- Final instructions to runners
- And more!
Schedule of Upcoming #road2CIM Events:
- Aug. 18 - CIM University: Best Practices for Marathon Training
- Aug. 23 - Weekly Yoga for Runners begins
- Aug. 24 - Deadline to fill out Return to Racing Survey
- Sept. 15 - CIM University: Fueling and Hydration
- Sept. 14 - #road2CIM Long Run Challenge begins
- Oct. 20 - CIM University: Strength Training for Injury Prevention
- Oct. 26 - Deferral window opens
- Nov. 8 - Run the Parkway - Official CIM Training Run (tentative)
- Nov. 17 - CIM University: Perfecting the Taper
- Dec. 4-6 - Race Weekend
Join us on August 18 at 7:00pm for our first session of the 2020 CIM University. Topic of conversation will be: Best Practices for Marathon Training. Tune in to hear from a panel of CIM coaches on how to best prepare for your upcoming marathon, followed by an open Q&A. Zoom link will be posted prior to the start.
Please click HERE to reserve your spot.
Take on the #road2CIM Long Run Challenge, presented by Sufferfest.
- Program starts week of September 14
- Tackle your weekend long run
- Log into PWR Lab to upload your run
- Earn rewards for each completed segment on route to getting marathon ready!
- Be in the running for great prizes
- Registration opens soon! Stay tuned!
Yoga For Runners
Join Lindsay McClelland, August 23 at 8:00 am PST for 45 minutes of virtual yoga after your Sunday long run. Lindsay is a North Carolina-based former CIM ambassador, 18-time marathoner, and ERYT-200 certified yoga teacher who specializes in teaching runners.
Regisration is free but we ask that you please donate to our local charity partners, SRA Kids and/or UC Davis Children's Hospital. Limited to the first 100 registrants.
Click HERE to register.
Need More Information?
If you have a question that is not answered here, in the newsletter, you can visit the CIM website or email us at email@example.com. However, stay tuned as your question may be covered in upcoming newsletters.