Nov. 30, 2015
For immediate release
A mile-by-mile look at California International Marathon schedule
The 33rd annual California International Marathon, put on by the Sacramento Running Association, is set for Dec. 6 at 7 a.m. A field of 9,000 marathoners and 4,000 relay runners is expected, with another 2,000 runners set to take part in the 2.62-mile UC Davis Children’s Hospital maraFUNrun & Fitness Walk.
Here are the scheduled road closures, mile-by-mile and including major streets, for the 26.2-mile race from Folsom to the state Capitol:
- Folsom-Auburn Road to the north of the start area is closed to through traffic at the intersection of Eureka Road beginning at 4:30 a.m. and reopening at 8:30 a.m. Only vehicles taking runners to the start will be allowed past the Eureka Road intersection.
- The finish line area around 9th, and 10th Streets and Capitol Mall will be closed from 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 5 through 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 6.
- The finish line area at 8th Street and Capitol Mall will be closed from 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 6.
- The California Highway Patrol mandates the road closures and has ultimate authority on executing the closing and opening of the roads during CIM.
- The road closure schedule below is subject to change on race day.
|Mile||Close Time – Open Time : Road|
|1||5:20 a.m.-7:35 a.m.: Oak Ave.|
|2||5:20-7:50: American River Canyon Dr.|
|5:20-7:50: Santa Juanita & Oak Ave.|
|3||6:55-8:05: April & Oak Ave.|
|4||6:55-8:15: Beach & Oak Ave.|
|6||6:55-8:45: Fair Oaks Blvd. & Oak Ave.|
|7||7:15-9:00: Woodlake Hills & Fair Oaks Blvd.|
|8||7:15-9:15: Niessen & Fair Oaks Blvd.|
|7:15-9:30: Madison Ave.|
|9||7:15-9:30: Dorian & Fair Oaks Blvd.|
|10||7:15-9:45: Main & Fair Oaks Blvd.|
|7:15-9:50: Sunrise Blvd.|
|11||7:15-10:00: New York Ave. & Fair Oaks Blvd.|
|12||7:15-10:15: Hollister & Fair Oaks Blvd.|
|13||7:15-10:30: California & Fair Oaks Blvd.|
|7:15-10:45: Manzanita Ave.|
|14||7:30-10:45: Grant & Fair Oaks Blvd.|
|15||7:30-11:00: Kenneth Ave. & Fair Oaks Blvd.|
|16||7:30-11:15: Garfield & Fair Oaks Blvd.|
|17||7:30-11:30: Paloma & Fair Oaks Blvd.|
|18||7:30-11:45: Saverien & Fair Oaks Bvd.|
|19||7:30-12:00 p.m.: Coronado and Fair Oaks Blvd.|
|7:30-12:15: Watt Ave.|
|20||7:30-12:15: Hawthorne & Fair Oaks Blvd.|
|21||8:00-12:30: University & Fair Oaks Blvd.|
|8:00-12:30: Howe Ave.|
|22||8:00-12:45: Carlson & J Street|
|23||8:00-1:00: Bear Flag & J Street|
|24||8:00-1:15: 33rd & J Street|
|8:00-1:15: Alhambra Blvd.|
|7:50-1:30: L Street|
|25||7:50-1:35: 22nd & L Street|
|26||7:50-1:45: 8th & L Street|